Friday, July 29, 2011

My new philosophy

My new philosophy:

Be bold.

Be brave, be adventurous, embrace things that make you feel uncomfortable. Trust me, life is a lot more fun this way.

For example:

Never in my life would you see me wearing yellow. Don't get me wrong, yellow is a fabulous color, a happy color, but I had convinced myself that it looked terrible with my yellow skin tones and yellow hair... too much yellow! Well ladies, anthropologie offered quite the tempting deal, this to die for shirt... on sale!? But it's yellow... Then I told myself "Yes Jordan, it is yellow, and that is why you must buy it. Embrace your inner bold. You deserve to wear sunshine colours. 








I think my favourite part is the zipper in the back. :D

For another example:
You know those girls that can just throw their hair on top of their heads and look amazing? Well, those lovely oddities of nature are lucky, especially if they live in Hawaii where it gets a little bit "too" hot sometimes. So yesterday, date day, (best day of the week!) Tim and I went into town. I was having a terrible hair day, not even the ponytail was working for me.
 I was stuck. Here is how the conversation in my head went:

"Come on hair, why are you being so difficult today. Bangs, could you please flatter my face instead of laying there so dead-like? I know! I'll throw you up in a pony tail! Not bad not bad, this just might do... Bangs! stay in place! Awe man this is hopeless... I wish I could just pull off the bun on top of your head look. 

Wait a second...

Why can't I!? Time to be bold Jordan. Who cares if you can't pull it off. Who cares if you look silly! Who cares about the thoughts people will have as you walk down the strip. It's the worry-free hairdo. You deserve you wear the worry-free hairdo."

And then I did it! 




Now it's your turn! 
Go embrace your inner bold. 
Sincerely 
The Mrs.
P.S. I know that most of you will probably have already discovered the bold philosophy, and find this blog post a little silly... but hey that't okay! We all learn at our own pace right?

P.S.S. If you look at the first picture, on the left, you can see Tim embracing his inner bold too. Dancing! 




2 comments:

  1. I think you look beautiful in the yellow Hordy poo and your hair looks really cute too and I love you =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cheryl! I love you too! I'm so sad I missed you while I was in Canada!

    ReplyDelete